Monday, January 18, 2016

Photoshop Bloat Tool Making an Elf Like Portrait


I created this image using the Liquify tool for Photoshop. I got the source image from Google by typing in portrait. In this instance it was the first image that came up, a high resolution picture, so very nice to work with. As far as I know it is a stock image. Although if this is not the case and you are the owner of this image let me know and I will be happy to take it down.



In creating this image I also used the Phlearn Method of smoothing skin, frequency separation. Although this isn't really necessary for creating an image such as this, I just wanted to try it.



Ariana by Roman Filippov
Filter > Liquify
Press B for the Bloat Tool
Make the Brush Size large enough to form a complete circle around one eye
Place the crosshair in the centre of the pupil and click several times for each eye

And that's it. Very straight forward and very effective. The tools in the Liquify panel can be used to slim down or make fatter any figure. However this is a step further than what's is shown here so I'll come back to that another time.

Liquify Tool on Photoshop

No comments: