Friday, October 07, 2011

Lace Shoe Laces. I know, it's a given!

We made the most adorable boots once, well when I say made, I mean customised, and when I say we, I mean my beautiful inventive partner, Vickytoriaworld.
We used ribbon for laces and abalone shell buttons for decoration, they were of course para boots or some kind of stomping great boot, that looked ex army or military, except now they were with pink ribons, lace and buttons.

They looked fantastic too, and sold on eBay for more than what we paid for them, as festival must have boots.
Whoever bought them was chuffed with them and the process was a lot of fun.

That got me thinking about aglets.
What's that? I hear you say?
Aglets.
An aglet is a small plastic or metal sheath typically used on each end of a shoelace, cord, or drawstring. An aglet keeps the fibers of the lace or cord from unraveling; its firmness and narrow profile make it easier to hold and easier to feed through the eyelets, lugs, or other lacing guides.
You can buy such a thing as an aglet tool, and hey presto you can make all your bits of lace and strings of fabric come to life as laces in no time at all.

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/agletmetal.htm


No comments: